If a user is able to get e-mails using Office Outlook 2007 but can’t send then here’s a little troubleshooting list to help you.
Some recipients or all recipients have not received your message.
Subject: test w
Date: 2014-07-10 11:05
Unable to contact (s) recipient (s) following (s):
‘email@example.com’ on 2014-07-10 11:05
This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later or contact your network administrator. Error [0x80070005-00000000-00000000].
Here are the steps to troubleshoot* :
1. Check the account by trying to send using OWA (outlook Web Access). Office365 site: http://portal.microsoftonline.com
2. Apply all Windows and Office updates
3. Check for viruses
4. Start outlook without the anti-virus
5. Start outlook in safe mode (outlook /safe)
6. Delete all the .oab files under c:\users\yourname\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook
7. Reload the offline global list
8. Rename the c:\users\yourname\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook to outlook.old
9. Create a new user profile.
10. Repair Office
11. Re-install Office
12. Call Microsoft support!
If none of the above did not resolve the issue you may well be told to re-install the entire Windows and Office. (Gulp). If you’re going to spend all that time to re-install, I’d suggest getting the latest version and not wasting time with older versions of Office if possible.
If you have other troubleshooting ideas please send them in!
* Don’t forget to backup your system!