Ever since I wrote that article about bitcoins, a fair number of readers have been asking about mining and general investment into bitcoins. We’re putting together a new article. We hope to review some bitcoin gear in the coming months. Continue reading
Just when you thought it was safe to upgrade a Pink Screen of Death (PSoD) is confirmed. If you are thinking of upgrading from 6.5 u2 to update 1 you may want to hold off. This problem has no resolution and was officially documented by VMware on Oct 25, 2017.
- Upgrading to ESXi 6.5 Update 1 produces a PSOD.
- ESXi host using 10GB NICs
Exporting to an OVF file results in an unsupported hardware family vmx-12 error. Here are a few possible fixes.
I spent hours exporting a virtual machine (vm) to an OVF format only to discover that VMware vSphere 6.5 gives me an error when I tried to deploy it.
Error message: Unsupported hardware family ‘vmx-12’ error ( also applies to vmx-10, and vmx-11 )
Cause: You created the VM using Workstation 11 or 12/12.5 and didn’t set the vm version to 10 or below before creating the OVF. Continue reading
If you read my posts then you know we’re been here before. The Windows 10 Pro update called the Creators Edition released in September 2017 (Build 1703) breaks your VMs running on VMware Workstation pro 12 or 12.5. It is possible that 11 or earlier may have this same problem.
Instead of simply sending you back to my old post I thought I would share how to fix this problem quickly.
Summary: The VMs suddenly no longer see the Network Interface Card (NIC) of your computer running Windows 10 Pro. Just to be clear, the VMs can be running any version of Windows and have this issue. The Workstation is running on Windows 10 Pro. Continue reading
What to do if the Windows 10 June 2017 update hangs on restart. Some people report seeing the progress go up to 28% or so before having issues. This is usually when the Windows reboot is taking forever. A long time has passed and you’re not even sure if it is still working or if it is frozen. Continue reading
We want to thank everyone for viewing our videos and listening to our podcasts! Our Youtube channel passed the 100,000 views thanks to your support.
Keep the questions coming and be sure to subscribe to our channel if you like what we provide!
VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 u2 (update 2) New features include:
- High Ethernet Link Speed: ESXi 6.0 Update 2 supports 25 G and 50 G ethernet link speeds.
- VMware Host Client: The VMware Host Client is a HTML5 client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts without a vCenter Server.
- vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering (VAIO): Enhancements made to VAIO includes supports for IPv6 and VMIOF versions 1.0 and 1.1.
- Two-factor authentication for vSphere Web Client: Better Security with RSA SecurID and Smart card authentication.
- Windows 10 Support for the vSphere Web Client
Scott Guthrie- Executive Vice President, Cloud and Enterprise Group, Microsoft recently announced Microsoft SQL that runs on Linux. Microsoft SQL 2016, available later on this year, will be able to run on Linux as well as an Azure SQL cloud service.
According to Microsoft, the benefits include:
- Groundbreaking security encryption capabilities that enable data to always be encrypted at rest, in motion and in-memory to deliver maximum security protection
- In-memory database support for every workload with performance increases up to 30-100x
- Incredible Data Warehousing performance with the #1, #2 and #3 TPC-H 10 Terabyte benchmarks for non-clustered performance, and as of March 7, the #1 SAP SD Two-Tier performance benchmark on Windows1
- Business Intelligence for every employee on every device – including new mobile BI support for iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices
- Advanced analytics using our new R support that enables customers to do real-time predictive analytics on both operational and analytic data
- Unique cloud capabilities that enable customers to deploy hybrid architectures that partition data workloads across on-premises and cloud based systems to save costs and increase agility
Be the first to hear the latest news about how VMware’s One Cloud, Any Application, Any Device™ architecture for IT is helping enable the digital enterprise from mobile devices to the data center and the cloud. This two-part online event will inspire, motivate, and deliver the elements you need to move your IT agenda forward in 2016 Continue reading