What to do if the Windows 10 June 2017 update hangs on restart. Some people report seeing the progress go up to 28% or so before having issues. This is usually when the Windows reboot is taking forever. A long time has passed and you’re not even sure if it is still working or if it is frozen. Continue reading
We want to thank everyone for viewing our videos and listening to our podcasts! Our Youtube channel passed the 100,000 views thanks to your support.
Keep the questions coming and be sure to subscribe to our channel if you like what we provide!
VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 u2 (update 2) New features include:
- High Ethernet Link Speed: ESXi 6.0 Update 2 supports 25 G and 50 G ethernet link speeds.
- VMware Host Client: The VMware Host Client is a HTML5 client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts without a vCenter Server.
- vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering (VAIO): Enhancements made to VAIO includes supports for IPv6 and VMIOF versions 1.0 and 1.1.
- Two-factor authentication for vSphere Web Client: Better Security with RSA SecurID and Smart card authentication.
- Windows 10 Support for the vSphere Web Client
Scott Guthrie- Executive Vice President, Cloud and Enterprise Group, Microsoft recently announced Microsoft SQL that runs on Linux. Microsoft SQL 2016, available later on this year, will be able to run on Linux as well as an Azure SQL cloud service.
According to Microsoft, the benefits include:
- Groundbreaking security encryption capabilities that enable data to always be encrypted at rest, in motion and in-memory to deliver maximum security protection
- In-memory database support for every workload with performance increases up to 30-100x
- Incredible Data Warehousing performance with the #1, #2 and #3 TPC-H 10 Terabyte benchmarks for non-clustered performance, and as of March 7, the #1 SAP SD Two-Tier performance benchmark on Windows1
- Business Intelligence for every employee on every device – including new mobile BI support for iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices
- Advanced analytics using our new R support that enables customers to do real-time predictive analytics on both operational and analytic data
- Unique cloud capabilities that enable customers to deploy hybrid architectures that partition data workloads across on-premises and cloud based systems to save costs and increase agility
Be the first to hear the latest news about how VMware’s One Cloud, Any Application, Any Device™ architecture for IT is helping enable the digital enterprise from mobile devices to the data center and the cloud. This two-part online event will inspire, motivate, and deliver the elements you need to move your IT agenda forward in 2016 Continue reading
It took a long while longer than expected to get back to doing a serious lab trial. We wiped everything and put evaluation versions of version 6 update 1. Here are some observations. Continue reading
Issue: VMware vSphere Client 6 takes a long time to open and hangs when trying to connect to the vCenter or directly to an ESXi host. Reported on Windows 10.
Description: We encountered this problem after updating our machines to windows 10 and our lab server to vmware vSphere 6. The client installed but took 10 minutes to load. It would then simply take long enough that we cancelled. Continue reading
I updated a lot of computers to Windows 10 recently as everyone else most likely has, and I ran into a bug which prevents vms running on VMware Workstation 11 (and previous versions) from using bridged networking (bridge connection) to the Network Interface Card (NIC).
It turns out that Microsoft has seen fit to prevent the addition of services to a network card. This means it’s not possible to use a bridge connection until a way is found around this.
Workaround: Use NAT
Just to be clear, this is VMWare Workstation 11 running on Windows 10. The VM itself can be running Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 and still have the connection issue.
It’s not great for all VMs. Let’s hope this is a bug and not by design and that it will be fixed in an upcoming update.
UPDATE: This has been resolved. Simply enable vmware bridge on your NIC in Windows 10.
Even though the betas were rock solid for us, it appears a lot of people are reporting a rather generic message during downloading or installing of Windows 10. The message, as displayed here, is simply telling you that “Something Happened”. It certainly makes me long for the Basic days when a line number would appear and we could at least look there to sort it out.
CTOBOB doesn’t generally speculate on what is not released, but the information seems so plausible that we decided to point this out to all the rest of the Intel affectionados out there.
rumored specifications of Intel 14nm Skylake roadmap CPUs 2015